Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Life and Promises

THE UPDATE (as promised) from Plumbing Pipe and CurtainRods:

Okay, here’s the thing – I have failed. Ha! And this is not the first time I have admitted this particular failure. I have failed at keeping up with my blog as promised, but it’s time that I start again. So, I’m setting a goal for myself to post something weekly…..actually let’s say bi-weekly. I don’t want to get too ambitious here. I want to do this for many reasons, but mostly because I enjoy writing and another because I love sharing my life with my friends and family in a more creative way than posting pictures on Facebook (side note…. if you haven’t “liked” the ConsignedDesign Facebook page, you should get on that).

I recently visited a very special person in my life and she told me that I needed to write in my blog more. Issue: I currently live in an apartment….without a garage…do you know how hard it is to write in a blog about furniture redos when you have no garage? It’s pretty hard! Her response:  it was okay to write about life.

So here it is…a little about life…..

Life is something that continues to amaze me. I have no other way to describe it other than it’s a true blessing. Recently Hubs and I made the decision to leave our home away from home of Houston, Texas and move back to our hometown of Tulsa. I would like to say that there was a lot of discussion around this decision, but there really wasn’t. Something told us it was time to go home and whatever that “something” was, was right. Now that we have been back for a little over 3 months we know we made the right decision. Houston was great to us and moving there was the best thing we could have done for ourselves. Its sounds very cliché but we learned a lot about ourselves individually and as a couple by being away from home. Houston, our people in Houston (who I miss SO much and think about daily), and the adventure of living in that city will always hold a special place in our hearts. There are many MANY reasons to go back to visit, so don’t worry, we will be back often.




Okay, enough of the mushy gushy stuff……..I’m really excited about my most recent accomplishment and career change so I’m going to brag on myself for a minute. With the decision to move home, gave me the opportunity to pursue a career that I have been dreaming about for years. I FINALLY got my Real Estate License and am working for a WONDERFUL local real estate company. It feels great to be a part of this “family” and doing something that I truly love. Y’all, there is something to be said about chasing your dream and loving your job. When you love your job, it’s not a job. End of story. I am so fortunate that I can do this and have my husband’s undeniable support. This is one happy girl right here!! And, guess what? I just had my first sale………

Hubs and I purchased our first home!!!!



Look at that cute house! This was the plan once we moved back to Tulsa but we really didn’t expect it to happen this quickly. But, we fell in love and couldn’t pass up this home. We have a laundry list of things we want to do once we are in the house, like updating the shower, maybe tearing down a wall, a few cosmetic upgrades, and of course we have some furniture we want to redo. So excited! And yes, this will ALL be posted on the blog. I’m excited to share before and after pictures of our upcoming projects with you.


So, as always, stay tuned and stay safe!

Much Love, XO-KC

No comments:

Post a Comment