Friday, June 20, 2014

Costa Rica

Happy Friday, y’all!

I get lazy on Friday’s. I get Fridayitous (or is it weekenditous?) really bad and usually find myself day dreaming about being on vacation.

A few weeks ago, Hubs and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and took off to Costa Rica for a few days. It was FABULOUS. Everything was beyond perfect. The people there were so friendly and the country itself is gorgeous. Oh, and the food was always good! So, in honor of Friday Day Dreaming, I thought I’d share a few pictures of our trip while I pretend that I am still there!

We stayed at the wonderful Nayara Spa and Gardens just outside of LaFortuna. What an amazing hotel and what a cute little town! I was  in complete awe when we first got there.




Here is the view of our room, right at the foot of Arenal Volcano in the middle of the rainforest!



This was my favorite spot to sit. I loved watching all the colorful birds and listening to the monkeys all around us. They were sooooo loud!



Oh – and this outdoor shower was awesome. It rained every day so it was fun to go out there during storms and listen to Mother Nature all around you. Very relaxing.



The first full day we were there, we took off and went zip lining through the jungle. What a rush! Some lines were over a half a mile long, 700 feet high, and you would get up to speeds of over 60 mph. Nuts!




The day of our anniversary was perfect. After exchanging anniversary gifts, we spent some time at the spa getting a hot stone massage. Then we took off to the hot springs. These were natural springs heated by the volcano and they were HOT! Again, in the middle of the jungle so all the noises from the animals was....entertaining...to say the least!



And here are a couple pictures around town in LaFortuna. There was a gorgeous church that was framed perfectly but Arenal and this funky little bar that Hubs and I stopped at for a couple of Costa Rica’s best drinks…coffee!! (their beer is pretty good too!)




Have a good weekend! Stay safe. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment