Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cupcakes and Onesies

There have been a lot of babies in my life recently. My best friend had a baby in March, another really good friend of mine became an uncle in March as well, and a co-worker/friend had a baby in May. All boys. I say that I want boys myself, but I struggle with baby shower gifts for little boys. It's hard to make the cute stuff not so cute. You know what I mean? You don't want a little boy baby shower to have all the frills and thrills that a little girls baby shower has. Right? 

Speaking of - here are a couple pictures from the baby shower I threw for my best friend. It was Circus themed, complete with a Mimosa Bar (because that makes sense, right?)




I really enjoy entertaining and the Circus baby shower was basically perfect. But, when I found out that another co-worker was having a GIRL, I was excited because I wanted to make these!


Cupcake Onesies - They are super simple!

First step is to gather all of your items. For these particular cupcakes I used 3-6 month sized onesies, 6 month old sized socks, and muffin tins. You can also gather some cute ribbon and a gift box from your local party supply store to make gift wrapping easy. 


Step 2:

Start by taking one onesie and folding it into quarters.



Step 3:

Now, you are going to want the "pretty" part of your sock to show, so first turn your sock inside out. Then lay it on the onesie so the open side of the sock is on the open side (not the folded side) of the onesie. Make sense?


Step 4: 

No just start rolling! But be sure to leave enough of the sock on either side that you have enough to make your "frosting" and to hold the complete project together. I'll show you want I mean in a few... 


Step 5:

Once you have it all rolled up, you will then turn the open part of the sock up to make the bottom of the cupcake.


Once you have your completed cupcake you can put it in your muffin tin. Also, play with the top so your "frosting" looks like frosting and not like part of a sock sticking up out of a rolled up onesie ;)

*Just a little side note - I actually put some tape on the bottom of the muffin tin just to make sure your cupcake onesie stays in place*

After you get all your cupcakes made, you can arrange them in a cute little gift box!



It's a pretty simple little project and you can combine so many different colors to make it unique! Enjoy and happy....er...."baking"!

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment